Help Support The Blog by Clicking Through to Amazon.com

Friday, October 27, 2017

DAY TWO: Lubbock, TX to Laredo, TX


This was a pretty uneventful day.  We drove about three minutes out of our way after leaving the motel and I had a Texas-sized breakfast of chicken biscuits in gravy, scrambled eggs, and home fries.  The first few bites especially were sheer ecstasy, aided in part by generous helpings of Tabasco.  Thanks to this massive meal I didn't feel the need to stop for lunch.  Our only stop was to get gas in one of many podunk towns through which we passed.

The day kind of flew by thanks in part to the lack of lower back pain.  Yesterday, I had about three hours of gnawing pain in my lower back but today I made sure I had my posterior slammed back into the seat so as to not give it any inroads.

Opie is still rock-solid and seems pretty sturdy thus far.  I'm going to go ahead and power on and hope our luck continues.  The preceding sentence reads like what an explorer would write in his diary the day before tragedy strikes.

I don't know what the roads will be like in this part of Mexico but let's hope they're half as smooth as Texas and with easily visible speed bumps.

Miles traveled: 528.8
Hours traveled: ~8 including stop

No comments:

Post a Comment