Help Support The Blog by Clicking Through to Amazon.com

Friday, November 25, 2011

11.19.2011 Red Frog Beach, SUP then Fish Sesh

On this day, the rash on my lower rib cage was bothering me. Thankfully, the surf was down. I did end up trying an SUP (Stand-Up Paddle board).

After at least a dozen and half bails, I was over it. It's a lot harder than it looks. I'd like to say that now I respect the sweepers, but by and large, my experience with them has been resentment towards them for being wave hogs. Let's just say I now respect them one modicum more than I did a week ago.

After I handed off the SUP for someone else to have a go, I got on a 6'3" fish, as I'd noticed some tight little right-hand barrels coming off the rocks. I got in position for two and they were markedly similar. I leaned forward hard and the fins and tail were pulled out of the water, making me pearl just as the lip was cascading over me.

I did catch a pretty sick right that I got to pump and throw a little spray on (twice), but that was as far as this session went.

No comments:

Post a Comment